Young 5's Preschool
Our Young 5's program offers new units and themes, focusing on developmentally appropriate skills. It refines fundamental skills, boosts attention span, expands number and letter recognition, and improves penmanship. Children explore math concepts like graphing, money, time, and measurements while engaging in hands-on science activities. Social studies units cover self-awareness, friendship, geography, and history. Our revolving library and listening center promote reading skills with emerging reader books and taped stories. This program meets and exceeds state preschool standards and local kindergarten expectations.
Student-Teacher ratio 11:1. Maximum class size is 20.
The Young 5's program is a four day program; mornings or afternoons.
Young 5's Typical Day
PM (afternoon) preschool has the same schedule of activities except its program begins at 1:00.
- 9:00 - 9:15: Arrival
- 9:15 - 9:30: Attendance/Circle Time
- 9:30 - 10:15: Center Time - 3 to 4 centers, children rotate to each station every 15 minutes.
- 10:15 - 10:30: Bathroom break / Bathroom etiquette
- 10:30 - 10:45: Review (treat/creative play/manners)
- 10:45 - 11:10: Large Motor Skills
- 11:10 - 11:25: Story Time / Music
- 11:25 - 11:30: Prepare for home